1. Clear the decks. Put stuff away. You’ll only be tripping over it once you get started, so straighten up first.
2. Clear off/put away everything on the coffee table, the mantle, any horizontal surface you want to decorate.
3. Have ready your extension cords and timers.
4. Biggest impact items in limited moments of time, any of these will quickly set the mood:
a. Christmas music – get the tunes going
b. Entryway garlands, front door wreath, window wreathes – boom, done, instant Holiday!
c. Tree & tree garlands (the ornaments can wait)
5. Review your photos from last year to remind yourself how the decorations can be laid out (you can always make changes mid-season). Your photos are the roadmap to get the cartons unpacked fast.